Traders Point Christian
The Traders Point Christian Church (TPCC) is an expanding ministry serving the needs of families in the N.W. region of Indianapolis. Having relocated their facility from a downtown location to an expanding suburban area required the church to construct an entirely new campus facility. Sound Investment Enterprises (SIE) was retained as the acoustical and theatrical consultant and the audio, lighting, and video systems designer. Working with the architect and building engineers from the early design phases allow critical decisions regarding sightlines, ceiling heights, and interior wall shapes to be tailored for the appropriate room acoustics and optimal sound, lighting, and media systems performance.
TPCC's experienced technical ministry team worked closely with Sound Investment in identifying desired functions and system capabilities that would eventually be needed throughout the facility. SIE prepared a Technical Systems Master Plan that specified all of the staging, media, and technology components along with preliminary budgets for each system. This Master Plan became the template for designing the campus infrastructure including the isolated power distribution, conduit layouts, signal distribution, structural loads, and space allocation.
The initial building phase included the construction of a 2,700 seat worship center, a 300 seat student worship auditorium, an elementary school meeting room, a 100 seat wedding chapel, gymnasium, recording studio, and video production/control room. Installation of all sound and media systems in each venue was successfully handled by the church's audio and video team under the guidance of SIE's design engineer.
To facilitate the weekly demands for meeting and performance space, the entire facility has a extensive network of audio, video, and data lines throughout the facility allowing events from any performance venue to be viewed anywhere on campus. The Worship Center's technical systems and infrastructure allow the media team to configure the auditorium for a wide assortment musical and dramatic events.
Some of the Worship Center's technical and staging features include...
- an extensive catwalk layout accessing stage lighting, video projection, speaker arrays, and structural rigging points
- a flexible curtain system that allows extensive reconfiguring of the stage's size and appearance
- acoustically isolated backstage wall
- a 3.1 LCR sound system utilizing MAD planar magnetic speakers
- a dual stage monitoring system incorporating IEM monitoring and conventional floor wedges
- separate digital sound consoles at the front of house and stage monitoring
- a media suite incorporating control rooms for audio recording along with video editing, control, and internet streaming
- a computerized lighting control system with distributed DMX control distribution
- 192 dimmable lighting circuits distributed about the auditorium
- a wide assortment of conventional and robotic lighting fixtures
- six rear projection audience screens for graphics and I.Mag presentation
- two stage-cue video projection displays
- multiple video camera connection points positioned about the auditorium and stage
- downstage orchestra pit with adjustable height pit-filler decking
- multiple rigging points over stage and seating for touring road shows and concerts
- isolated a/v tech power with off-stage 400 amp "touring power" disconnect
- oversized back-of-stage loading door with truck dock and ramp.
Worship Center Auditorium with Terraced Seating
Click photo for larger image
MAD Planar Center Channel Array
Click photo for larger image